Walima Hijab Jewels


Necklace from Bridal Set . Kash Jewellers
Hijab ordered with Walima Outfit . Burooj Couture


During wedding preps I was looking through a lot of inspiration on hijabi brides.  I knew I wasn't keen of making to much of a statement with my actual hijab style because I wanted it to blend into my outfit like I do on a normal basis, I don't like too much faff.

So I decided to wear a headpiece to try and look elegant and a little different while not over doing my hijab.  Another reason I decided to wear my necklace on my head instead of my neck was because the outfit I had chosen had a collar style neck which was already full of embroidery.

There are a few people I know that have worn necklaces as hijab accessories in different ways, when done well it can look lovely, especially with dressy outfits on occasions.


Tips on How to Wear a Necklace as a Hijab Accessory
.
Try the necklace on over your hijab in the shop to see whether it falls right, some necklaces stick up and can look really silly
.
If like me (in these photos) you have a piece which falls onto your forehead (like a tikka), keep it in place by using either a little blue tack or eyelash glue
.
Ensure you have a lot of small sized pins, which are similar colours to either your hijab or your head piece so you can't make out where you are pinning it in place

Disclaimer : Please do not re-post these photo's else where without my consent via email.

14 comments:

  1. Mashallah this just inspired me to go try on some necklaces! You really pulled this look off and it is absolutely beautiful, especially with the traditional-style outfit :)

    muslimahonthemoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jazakallah Khair hun!
      Ahh I'm happy I inspired you!
      Hope you manage to find some lovely necklaces to accessorise your hijab!
      xX

      Delete
  2. you look STUNNING mA!! i couldnt even tell that was a necklace. jazakAllah khair for the tips :)


    http://sarahriaz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! i love the jewelry , and the purple make-up!! :D Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You hun!!
      I got my make up done by M.A.C.. I had to be very specific with her but I loved it in the end :) x

      Delete
  4. Awww u uploaded it! :) Beautiful-Per usual, Masha'Allah! The necklace fits in so perfectly, not to big, not to small. I bought a necklace, but a much simpler one to wear to a wedding soon, hopefully it'll work out as well as yours!

    Did i mention u look beautiful? Lol :P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aww your comments were lovely!
      I'm sure yours will look gorgeous insha'allah! Xx

      Delete
  5. oh my goodness this is amazing I want to do this on my wedding day! more posts please!x Emani xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Emani!
      I will keep the posts coming insha'allah ^_^
      xX

      Delete
  6. salaam , beautiful mashaAllah - where did you get your makeup done? do you have pictures of the oufityour wearing? inshaAllah can't wait to see the entire piece. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make up was done from M.A.C Cosmetics in the Manchester Arndale Selfridges branch :)
      I doo, I will post it very soon Insha'Allah :)

      Delete
  7. yes sis please let us see more of how your hijaab was done! you look beautiful mashaAllah - we hijaaabis needthis assurance that we can style ourselves on our wedding day by keeping our hijaab on ans feeling as special and beautiful as all brides - pls upload more pics of the dress full length and the full hijaab look xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment :)
      Masha'Allah there is now so much inspiration for hijabi brides, no hijabi should think they look less beautiful than a non hijabi bride.
      I will insha'allah put up a post with my outfit :)
      x

      Delete