Bastakia Quarter . Dubai


Bastakia Quarter

I came across this place when I was searching the web for places to go see in Dubai, as it was a touristy site hubby had never heard of it before. He is into his history and I thought it would be a different side to Dubai that we were planning to visit.

We didn't really know what to expect as I hadn't researched it thoroughly, we took a taxi and the driver dropped us on the main road it was really quiet as we walked through the streets exploring the open heritage houses.

We came across a coin gallery which had coins dating back to Ali Bin Abi Talib (Radi Allahu anhu), it was amazing to see such old coins so near to the time of Prophet Muhammad (Sallal'lahu Alayhi Wasallam).

There were also small shops that sold pieces made from traditional craftsmanship for example the surma pots that I have images of are made of camel bone!
There was also had an indian spice shop.. Annoying hubby picked up a vibrant blue stone and told me to smell it and managed to get it on my nose! The owner laughed and said it was what they use dye clothes, it took me ages to rub it off!

There were a few other little shops to look in and you can also take a break near the creek after you're done walking through the little streets like we did :)

I would really recommend this place to visit while you are in Dubai, like I said before it has a different atmosphere to the usual busyness in Dubai.

For more facts on Bastakia check the National Geographic Tour link:


No comments:

Post a Comment