Wednesday Words . Everything has its Beauty





"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it."
Confucius

(Allah does.)

Ramadhan is nearing and I really can't wait.
Reflecting on this past year and reflecting on things I have heard, said and done.

I wanted to have a little rant on something I feel very strongly about.

It really upsets me when people comment on another persons appearance.

From a young age I was commented on by a lot of people around me for how much darker my skin was compared to my siblings, it is something that I have always been conscious about.
Along with the typical subject of weight; when I was chubbier I was told I was fat and when I lost a lot of weight I was told I was too skinny.
Having felt insecure while growing up, I only now realise that people who say things to you will always have comments no matter how you look.
You need to just brush them off and just be confident in yourself for the way Allah (Azza wa Jal) created you.

I give all credit to my parents for bringing me up to always be weary of what I say and to always take into account the other persons feelings before making a comment.
I just don't understand how all people can't think that way?
Surely no one likes it when a comment is made to them about their appearance, so why do it to others?

The slightest comment could possibly make someone hit rock bottom with their confidence.
Is that something anyone would like to be responsible for?



I loved this video, I sent it too all of my friends and family on whatsapp to bring to light how Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) boosted the confidence of someone who was feeling down about their appearance.  He taught us to make others realise that your looks do not matter.

I have also been listening to an amazing series of lectures called 'Children Around Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam)' by Hesham al-Awadi.
One of the points relating to confidence that he brings up is how we should show our children love and try boost their confidence the way our Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) did.
Only then will they want to obey and respect you and others.
No where is it written that the best way is to raise a child is by comparing them to other children and make comments that you know would hurt them.

How in any way is that going to help a child?
How will that help anyone for that matter?

I am going to finish here even though I could go on for ages,  but just one final thing.
If Allah has made each and everyone of us and we criticise anothers appearance, are you not criticising one of Allahs creations?
It would not please Al Khaliq (the creator), so we should not do it.

Hope you are all well and getting prepared for the month of mercy!


2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. SubhanAllah, it brought tears to my eyes. Will definitely be sharing this video with all my friends and family, JazakAllah for such a thought-provoking post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww hunny no problem. I'm glad you got something out of it.
      Lots of love xX

      Delete