Bare Illamasqua // Lipstick



I Initially saw this lipstick on Illamasqua's Youtube Tutorial:
'Selfridges Summer Exclusive Makeup Tutorial with Illamasqua's Charlotte'.
It stood out to me as the model was SouthAsian, that being said the lipstick looked a little bright to me and I wasn't sure it would suit me, which is why I wasn't drawn to it at first.

However, after I watched Zara's 'New Product Launches (MAC & Illamasqua)' video on her channel 'MouldyFruit' I wanted to go and try it out.
She was raving about how much she loved the colour and to be honest I loved the way it looked on her which is what made me want it!

LEFT // FLASH
RIGHT // NO FLASH, SUNLIGHT

It was the first time I went to a counter, tried on a lipstick and bought it there and then and there were two reasons for that!

1. I have been into neutral shades lately and this was neutral on my skin-tone and this was one of those shades.
(my foundation shades // NARS - BARCELONA |  MAC - NC42)

2. The staff at the counter complemented me as soon as I put it on and me being vain I couldn't not buy it haha!


TAKES A LITTLE MORE WORK BUT IS WORTH IT

Be warned that this lipstick is matt and Illamasqa's matt lipsticks tend to be very drying on the lips.
To counteract this I prep my lips with a lip balm and dab off any excess before I apply the lipstick, it adds a little moisture allowing the lipstick to glide on effortlessly.

When using this lipstick on its own I feel my lips are not as defined as I would like them to be as the colour blends into my skin-tone.
In these pictures I have used: 'Aqua Lip 14C by Make Up Forever'
However I feel my favourite lip liner 'Whirl by MAC' works a lot better as it is more of a browny pink, giving my lips a little more definition and less 'pinkyness'.


The lipstick may seem a little high maintenance but I would really recommend it!

What are your favourite neutral lipsticks?

2 comments:

  1. It' s a very pretty natural color
    and it looks very nice.

    XO

    www.myownfairytale.com

    ReplyDelete